Why did you choose this career?: A Nice Mistake
Why did you choose this career?: A Nice Mistake
When I was a child, I wanted to work in many professions. In my evangelical school, our teachers trained us for classical professions, engineering, law, medicine, they are what I remember. I always liked the Arts but it was an unknown field for me. It was a totally unknown world. When I was in the last year of high school, I planned to study Political Science or Public Administration, never Theater Design.
At the time of applying, I realized that I could change my future. Quickly, without thinking for a long time, I looked for the craziest professional careers I found on the DEMRE application page. I applied without thinking, I just did. I did not tell anyone about the decision that I had made, until they gave the results of the application. It was a surprise (not pleasant for everyone, my family wanted to kill me) because at that moment I managed to understand the importance of that madness that I did when I applied. I had to take charge of my decision, without knowing anything about theatrical design, just a little than a paragraph written on an internet page. I started studying in 2018 at the theater department "Pedro de la Barra" at the University of Chile. The first semester I hated everything, until I began to fall in love with this versatile discipline. Today I love this professional career, because I think it helped me find my true tastes (which is not precisely the theater).
My experience at the university has been pleasant, but as a personal opinion, the institution must take charge of what it means to train the next scenic designers in this country. In the short term, it must modernize and leave that reputation as a precarious institution to take the step from theatrical design, to scenic design as it is in much of the world. It is just a matter of adapting to the demands of the labor field.
When I graduate from my professional career, I would like to work in entertainment. I would like to work in a production company where they set up giant stages. I also really like filmmaking, especially the work of the 'Gaffer', the person in charge of lighting in the films.
Thank you for reading this blog:) :) <3
Intersting options you had bro!
ResponderBorrar